- Training and staff development designed for central office and campus administrators, general education and special education teachers, support staff and paraprofessionals
- Consultation with central office and campuses on programmatic, instructional, and IEP concerns
- Customized services based on the unique needs of a district/campus
- Trainer of Trainers (TOT) models for selected staff development topics
- Development of district grading guidance manual for students with disabilities
Developing Goals and Objectives Professional Development Series
♦ 2-Day Initial Workshop: Developing Goals and Objectives that are Aligned to Standards and Student-Focused
This workshop is designed to teach participants a process to use in developing goals that are aligned to state standards, accurately reflect the student’s instructional level, and clearly describe the specially designed instruction.
♦ 3-Day Training of Trainers Workshop: Training of Trainers for Developing Goals and Objectives that are Aligned to Standards and Student-Focused
This training is especially popular with larger districts and service centers. Participants will go through an intensive 2-day training to learn the content and process, then spend the third day learning how to present and teach others. Participants will receive all training materials.
♦ 1-Day Follow-up Review: Developing Goals and Objectives that are Aligned to Standards and Student-Focused
This is a fast-paced workshop designed for those districts whose teachers have had previous training on developing goals, and now need to refresh or refine those skills.
♦ 1-Day Workshop: Behind Every Good Goal is a Better PLAAFP
The focus of this workshop is on using data to write a comprehensive PLAAFP which gives all relevant information needed in determining areas of critical need and providing the basis for designing specialized instruction.
♦ 1-Day Workshop on Developing Functional Goals: Going Beyond Standards-Based Goals to Developing Functional Goals from the Data-Driven PLAAFP Statement
This workshop is the sequel to the workshop titled, “Developing Goals Aligned to State Standards & Student-Focused”. The focus of this workshop is on identifying relevant functional data sources, writing a comprehensive functional PLAAFP, determining when functional goals are needed, and writing appropriate goals.
Making the Grade Professional Development Workshop
♦ Making the Grade: Grading Practices for Student’s with Disabilities
This professional development session provides information and guides discussion on relevant issues surrounding grading practices for students with disabilities. Options available:
- 1/2-day stand alone or 2 repeat sessions
- 1-day workshop, including 1/2 day training with 1/2-day “make-and-take” to develop district tools
- 3-day committee approach in developing grading guidance and district manual